SIX AREAS MASTERING EDUCATION
Staffordshire – Stoke on Trent – Cheshire – Birmingham & Black Country – Shropshire – Norfolk
“Nurturing Future Professionals – We Grow Our Own”
The Secondary Initial Teacher Education Programme at The OAKS has been designed to be both academic and vocational. Our programme is designed to provide challenging expectations of you as a Trainee Teacher, in a teaching and learning environment which will enable you to engage, motivate and hopefully inspire all pupils.
The broad aims of the main curriculum component of the programme are to:
- develop your Subject Knowledge and teach you how to put that knowledge into practice (pedagogy) in order to thrive in the culture of our schools;
- enable you to become a highly motivated, outstanding, effective, creative and reflective practitioner;
- prepare you for a career in teaching that will prove to be successful and rewarding;
- develop in you a commitment to and enthusiasm for continuing professional and personal development;
- provide you with sufficient information, experience and opportunity in order that you might achieve the National Teacher Standards to enable you to be recommended for QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).