The OAKS would like to reassure those who are considering applying for our Initial Teacher Training programme next year that we are still recruiting and would be delighted to hear from you.
Obviously the health and well-being of all potential trainees and staff are paramount, so in view of this there may be a slight delay in arranging interviews. However we are still able to process applications and update candidates on whether they will be called for interview. We look forward to receiving your application.
Following the government update on UK strategies to manage Covid-19, all of our initial interviews will now be run online and we will endeavor to meet the needs of our applicants through web-based software. If you have any queries related to this, please contact Kate Brown ([email protected]) or via the telephone on 01782 733130.
Applying To Our Hubs For Places Via UCAS
All applications for PGCE/School Direct/School Direct Salaried must be made via an online application through UCAS Teacher Training.
You are advised to apply as early as possible for courses beginning the following autumn as a number of courses fill quickly. Places are allocated by the Department for Education (DfE) to each Initial Teacher Education Provider and these are limited.
Our Partnership is split into Hubs (geographical areas) and these are where are numbers are allocated, these are:
- Cheshire Hub : Schools in the East Cheshire Region, the provider code on UCAS is 18U and the Lead School is Brine Leas High School
- Staffordshire Hub : Schools in the Newcastle and surrounding areas, the provider code on UCAS is 1JA and the Lead School is Blackfriars Teaching Alliance.
- Stafford Hub : Schools in the Stafford area, the provider code on UCAS is 1WB and the Lead School is Sir Graham Balfour School.
- Stoke Hub : Schools in the Stoke on Trent region and surrounding areas, the provider code is 1UV and the Lead School is Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy
- Birmingham & Black Country Hub : Schools in the Birmingham region, the provider code is 9J3 and the Lead School is Fairfax Academy in Sutton Coldfield
You can also apply directly to The OAKS, our provider code is 24P.
Regardless of which of the above entry routes you apply to, the accredited training provider for each programme is The OAKS and the outcome is the same:
- Recommendation for QTS awarded by The OAKS
- PGCE Academic Award awarded by Keele University
For further information that breaks down the process in more detail, please click here. If you have any queries related applications for 2020/21 or any other questions, please contact Kate Brown ([email protected]) or via the telephone on 01782 733130. We look forward to hearing from you.