The Holocaust Educational Trust offers a variety of free online teacher training opportunities which can help prepare trainees to teach about the Holocaust. These sessions are free to attend and are available to those training to teach in primary, secondary or FE institutions across the UK.
More details about the teacher training programme can be found at www.het.org.uk/education/teacher-training.
Free scheduled online sessions
It is recommended that trainees attend one of the free scheduled online training sessions, An Introduction to the Holocaust Educational Trust. This 90-minute session will introduce them to the work of the trust and to the pedagogical guidelines which underpin its work. The session will provide a basic introduction to Holocaust history, and to the trust’s primary and secondary schemes of work. The 90-minute introduction is organised via Zoom throughout the year. It will next be repeated on the following dates:
- Tuesday 9 March, 2021 (11.00 – 12.30)
- Friday 12 March, 2021 (16:00 – 17.30)
- Tuesday 13 April, 2021 (11.00 – 12.30)
- Thursday 15 April, 2021 (16:00 – 17.30)
Online teacher study seminars
Their introductory workshops provide trainees with access to their Teacher Study Seminar series and enable applications to their advanced residential courses. They will be hosting a series of free online teacher study seminars in April. They are currently inviting colleagues to register for:
- Tuesday 6 April 2021: Sixty Years since the Eichmann Trial – a workshop in partnership with Yad Vashem.
- Monday 12 April 2021: Operation Barbarossa and the Holocaust by Bullets in Eastern Europe – a workshop in partnership with Yad Vashem and Yahad-in Unum.
Further details about their Teacher Study Seminar series can be found at www.het.org.uk/education/teacher-training/teacher-study-seminars.