The Holocaust Educational Trust offer a variety of free online teacher training opportunities which can help prepare trainees to teach about the Holocaust. These sessions are free to attend and are available to those training to teach in primary, secondary or FE institutions across the UK.
More details about our teacher training programme can be found here:
Free Scheduled Online Sessions
We would recommend that trainees attend one of the free scheduled online training sessions, ‘An Introduction to the Holocaust Educational Trust’. This 90-minute session will introduce them to the work of the Trust and to the pedagogical guidelines which underpin our work. The session will provide a basic introduction to Holocaust history, and to our primary and secondary schemes of work. The 90-minute introduction is organised via Zoom throughout the year. It will next be repeated on the following dates:
- Tuesday 9 March (11.00 – 12.30)
- Friday 12 March (16:00 – 17.30)
- Tuesday 13 April (11.00 – 12.30)
- Thursday 15 April (16:00 – 17.30)
Online Teacher Study Seminars
Their introductory workshops provide your trainees with access to our Teacher Study Seminar series and enable applications to their advanced residential courses. They will be hosting a series of free Online Teacher Study Seminars in April. They are currently inviting colleagues to register for:
- Tuesday 6 April 2021: ‘Sixty Years since the Eichmann Trial’ – A workshop in partnership with Yad Vashem.
- Monday 12 April 2021: ‘Operation Barbarossa and the Holocaust by Bullets in Eastern Europe’ – A workshop in partnership with Yad Vashem and Yahad-in Unum.
Further details about their Teacher Study Seminar series can be found here: